Prep the salad while the water is on to boil for the pasta.
- 1 16 oz bag of bow[tie pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart pesto sauce
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Shredded parmesan
- 1 medium red, orange, or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized or diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Juice of one lemon
- ¼ cup Italian dressing
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Baby greens or lettuce, for serving
- Cook the pasta: Cook pasta according to instructions on the package. Make sure the water is salted (one and a half teaspoons per quart). Remove pasta from heat and strain when pasta is cooked, but still firm (al dente).
- In a medium bowl mix Follow Your Heart pesto sauce, lemon juice, Italian dressing, and all the spices until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cooked pasta, sauce, cucumbers, zucchini, bell peppers, and onions until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Gently fold cannellini beans and Follow Your Heart shredded parmesan into the pasta and vegetable mixture.
- Serve at room temperature with a simple salad of baby greens and cherry tomatoes.