Deli Melt Sandwiches
- Sandwich Bread
- Room-Temperature Miyoko’s Cultured Vegan Butter
- Miyoko’s Smoked Farmhouse Cheese
- Miyoko’s Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 sliced bell pepper
- 1 medium sliced onion
- Cooking Spray
- 1 package of vegan Deli Slices
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Heat a heavy skillet to medium-high heat. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Dry toast the unbuttered side, flip until the other side is golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Cut vegan deli slices, and cheeses into strips.
- Spray pan with cooking oil. Sautée peppers and onions until tender. Add deli slices, and spices and continue to sautée.
- Add the strips of cheese to the mixture and top the pan with a lid to use the steam from the food to melt the cheese.
- After about five minutes, remove the lid and continue to stir the mixture until the cheese is evenly distributed for another two minutes.
- Top the toasted bread with the sautéed mixture and serve with mustard, pickles, tomatoes, and lettuce.