Adapted from: https://tryveg.com/lunch/#sloppyjoes
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 2 packages Beyond Meat Feisty Beef Crumbles
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups tomato sauce or diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons mild chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium green bell peppers, diced
- In a large skillet over high sautée the beef crumbles. Add the onion and sautée until soft and lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients except the peppers and turn down heat to medium low. Simmer, stirring often, for about 10 minutes.
- Add the peppers and cook for about 5 more minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve warm in burger buns or over bread.