Pasta is a perfect dish on days when you don’t know what to cook. This simple one pot dish is a perfect meal on a busy weeknight. Colorful veggies and flavorful jackfruit come together to make a zesty dish that will satisfy all your family and friends.
Pasta Primavera with Lemon Garlic Jackfruit
- 1 package Lemon-Garlic Jackfruit from The Jackfruit Company
- 1 16 oz box rotini pasta or any pasta of your choice
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 3-5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes or substitute with 1 ½ cups fresh diced tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini or yellow squash quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, diced (any variety) diced
- 10 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 5 oz bag baby spinach
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp nutrtional yeast
- 6 leaves basil thinly sliced
- vegan parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Strain and set aside. Prepare vegetables while pasta cooks.
- Heat a Dutch pot over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, onion, and garlic and saute for about five minutes until fragrant. Add diced tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Reduce to medium heat and cover with a lid for about ten minutes.
- Add oregano, remaining vegetables (except spinach), and jackfruit and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, for about five minutes. Stir in pasta, spinach, nutritional yeast and ½ of the basil. Cover with lid and heat for five more minutes.
- Top with vegan parmesan and remaining basil and serve immediately.
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.