This smooth, warming Curry Pumpkin Bisque captures the flavors of Fall in a bowl. Curry powder and pumpkin pie spice combine to add a hint of heat and subtle sweet to this satisfying and simple to prepare soup.
Curry Pumpkin Bisque
- 1 15-oz can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup roasted red or orange peppers drained
- 1 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil optional
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on a med-high setting until smooth. Pour into a large saucepan and heat over medium high heat until it comes to a simmer. Cover with a lid and reduce to medium-low, cooking for an additional 10-15 minutes. Garnish with vegan sour cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon, or roasted pumpkin seeds.
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.