Warm and sweet, this Apple Cider Crumble Cake is easy to make and a joy to eat. This cake is the epitome of comfort when served fresh out of the oven thanks to apples, cinnamon, and a bit of pumpkin pie spice. Its moist and delicate texture means it’s best served with a spoon, topped with a scoop of vegan ice cream.
Apple Cider Crumble Cake
- 2 1/4 cups Bisquick Original baking mix check ingredients list to make sure its vegan
- 1/4 cup Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 apple Granny Smith or any tart apple recommended
- a squeeze of lemon or lime juice keeps apples from browning
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Dice apple, squeeze on the lemon or lime juice, and lightly toss to evenly coat.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk until evenly mixed. Add wet ingredients and whisk until well combined. Add diced apples and fold in with a spatula until evenly distributed throughout batter.
- Spray and 8 inch square baking dish with cooking oil spray. Pour batter evenly into dish and use a spatula to spread the top to an even layer.
- Bake for 40 minutes until surface of cake is golden brown. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before serving. Scoop portions into bowls with a spoon and top with vegan ice cream, chopped pecans or vegan caramel sauce.
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.