Recipe courtesy of Meet the Shannons. Find this and other dishes in their cookbook, Mastering the Art of Vegan Cooking!
Banana Churro Waffles
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp, plus 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsps sugar
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 ripe banana lightly mashed
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/3 cup vegan margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsps ground cinnamon
- 1-2 bananas
- Preheat and prepare a waffle iron following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flaxseed, banana, almond milk, vegan margarine, vanilla, and cinnamon and beat with an electric handheld mixer. Add the flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Make the topping: In a shallow bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Make waffles following the manufacturer’s instructions. As soon as you remove the waffles from the iron, place them in the dish with the cinnamon-sugar topping and flip a few times to get an even coating.
- Serve the waffles hot with sliced bananas over the top. You’ll want to slice the bananas as you serve your waffles to keep them from browning.
Thank you to Meet the Shannons for this recipe & content. Visit their website for other delicious dishes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!