Looking for a simple way to make breakfast special? Try this recipe for banana walnut chocolate chip pancakes to make the most important meal of the day even better.
Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups vegan pancake mix like Follow Your Heart or Bisquick
- 1 cup plain unsweetened almond milk or plant milk of choice
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- maple syrup
- extra walnut pieces and vegan chocolate chips for garnish
- Slice 1 banana into a large mixing bowl and mash with the back of a fork until a chunky stir-able paste forms.
- Add cinnamon, almond milk, and pancake mix and stir together until a thick batter forms. There should still be some lumps in the batter from the mashed banana. Add walnut pieces and chocolate chips and fold into batter until evenly distributed.
- Heat a skillet or griddle to medium high and coat with an even layer of cooking oil spray or vegan butter. Ladle approximately ⅓ cup portions of batter onto the cooking surface. Allow to cook for 3-4 minutes until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes and they begin to appear dry around the edges. Flip pancakes, cooking for an additional 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Top with more banana slices, walnut pieces, and vegan chocolate chips and serve with a generous drizzle of maple syrup.
These pancakes were made with Follow Your Heart's Rocket Cakes Mix, but you can use any vegan-friendly pancake mix you prefer to make this recipe.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.
Can you list the carbs in your recipes?