These Breakfast Nachos are loaded with crunchy tortilla chips, smoky soy chorizo, tofu scramble and cheesy sauce. They come together to make a fun breakfast-time dish that’s made for sharing at your next bruch.
- ½ block firm tofu
- 1 package vegan chorizo we recommend Tofurky brand
- 1 package nacho nut milk cheese we recommend punk rawk labs
- 1 cup plain unsweetened almond milk or plant-based milk of your choice
- Restaurant style tortilla chips
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Crumble tofu into the pan. Add soy sauce, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, scallions, and ground turmeric. Dry sautee for 5 to 10 minutes until seasoning is incorporated evenly and tofu is aromatic and has taken on a golden yellow color. Scoop into a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook the chorizo according to package instructions. Scoop into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the almond milk and heat, stirring occasionally, until it begins to gently simmer. Add the nacho cheese and stir constantly until it melts forming a thick sauce. When it comes to a bubble, turn off heat and set aside.
- On a large serving dish add a layer of tortilla chips and top with cheese sauce, tofu scramble, and chorizo. Serve with your choice of additional toppings including salsa, guacamole, diced bell peppers, and cilantro.
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.