The classic cornbread is kicked up a notch with shredded Parmesan and chipotle peppers. This recipe is gluten-free but can be swapped with wheat flour depending on your preference.
Chipotle Parmesan Cornbread
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup gluten-free baking mix check ingredients to ensure its vegan
- 1/4 cup Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil canola oil or melted vegan butter also works
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, we used Follow Your Heart plus 2 tbsp to sprinkle on top for garnish
- 2-3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk together. Add oil almond and almond milk and whisk until well combined. Add chipotle peppers and Parmesan and gently fold in until evenly distributed.
- Spray a 8 inch square baking dish or a medium skillet evenly with cooking oil. Pour in cornbread batter and use the spatula to spread to create an even surface. Sprinkle the top with the remaining parmesan cheese. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the surface of the cornbread is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before slicing and serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.