This nutrient packed vegetable medley is brimming with flavor and vibrant colors. Eating your veggies has never been more delicious!
Collard Greens + Succotash Medley
- 1 bundle fresh collard greens
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into strips
- ½ red onion sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup fresh or frozen baby lima beans
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp tsp vegetable bouillon paste or 1soy sauce
- ¼ cup water or vegetable broth
- sea salt to taste
- Set the oven broiler to high.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and evenly distribute bell peppers, corn, squash, lima beans, and cherry tomatoes. Broil for about 25 minutes until edges are lightly charred. Cook time may vary; watch closely throughout. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Thoroughly wash collard greens. Cut out stems of each leaf and discard. Stack the leaves on top
- of each other and cut into horizontal strips, about 1-inch wide.
- In a large pan add water or broth, bouillon paste or soy sauce, garlic and paprika and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add collard strips, onions, and garlic and stir constantly for about 5 minutes. Greens should be wilted but still bright green. Reduce heat to low. Add broiled vegetables and lightly toss with tongs until well combined.
- Add a bit of salt to taste if needed and serve.
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.