Savory herbs and sweet cranberries create a flavorful balance with earthy quinoa in this delicious one pot dish.
Cranberry Herb Quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large stalk celery diced
- 2 medium carrots shredded or finely diced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup shelled salted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 rsp sea salt
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly prior to cooking to remove residue.
- Add all ingredients to a sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cover with a lid. Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to set for about 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.