Creamy Bacon Mac N’ Cheese
- 1 16- ounce box elbow pasta
- 2 TBS vegan butter
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- ½ package ½ package vegan cream cheese 4 ounces
- 3/4 cup Follow Your Heart mozzarella shreds
- 1 package Follow Your Heart smoked gouda finely chopped
- 1 package cooked and chopped vegan bacon try Sweet Earth or Lightlife
- ¼ cup ¼sliced green onion for garnish
- Cook elbow pasta according to box instructions.
- Drain the pasta.
- In a pan over medium heat, vegan butter, non-dairy milk, shredded vegan cheeses and and vegan cream cheese. Stir until completely melted.
- Add salt, garlic powder, and pepper to taste.
- Return cooked pasta to pan and stir until evenly coated and simmering.
- Stir in chopped vegan bacon and simmer on low for an additional five minutes.
- Serve and garnish with green onions and a sprinkle of chopped vegan bacon.
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.