Deli Melt Sandwiches
- Sandwich Bread
- Room-Temperature Miyoko’s Cultured Vegan Butter
- Miyoko’s Smoked Farmhouse Cheese
- Miyoko’s Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 sliced bell pepper
- 1 medium sliced onion
- Cooking Spray
- 1 package of vegan Deli Slices
- garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Heat a heavy skillet to medium-high heat. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Dry toast the unbuttered side, flip until the other side is golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Cut vegan deli slices, and cheeses into strips.
- Spray pan with cooking oil. Sautée peppers and onions until tender. Add deli slices, and spices and continue to sautée.
- Add the strips of cheese to the mixture and top the pan with a lid to use the steam from the food to melt the cheese.
- After about five minutes, remove the lid and continue to stir the mixture until the cheese is evenly distributed for another two minutes.
- Top the toasted bread with the sautéed mixture and serve with mustard, pickles, tomatoes, and lettuce.
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.