Ensalada de Napalitos
- 4 large nopales julienned
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small to medium jicama julienned
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ medium red onion sliced thin
- 1 fresh Serrano chile cored and minced
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 ripe but firm avocado peeled and diced
- Place nopales in a large pot, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes. Drain, rinse well, and repeat with fresh water.
- Simmer until tender, 10-15 minutes total. Rinse well with cold water.
- Whisk together the olive oil, garlic, vinegar, and lime juice, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the nopales, jicama, tomatoes, onion, Serrano chile, and cilantro. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes for flavors to mingle. Just before serving, fold in the avocado
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!