Lots of Layers Vegan Lasagna
- 1 14-ounce package extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cups Gimme Lean ground beef roll or 2of textured vegetable protein TVP
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups red marinara sauce
- 1 12- ounce package lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces raw spinach
- ½ cup vegan mozzarella shreds try Daiya or Follow Your Heart
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- To create tofu-ricotta, drain and mash the tofu in a mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice, salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- If using Gimme Lean ground beef, crumble into a small frying pan with the tablespoon of olive oil. Fry for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once it starts to turn golden and crispy, remove from heat. If using TVP, soak it in the 2 cups of boiling broth.
- Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Prepare the dry noodles by spreading the tofu-ricotta evenly on each piece. Place 1 layer of noodles on the bottom of the pan. Place a layer of spinach leaves on top of the noodles, followed by half of the ground veggie beef or TVP.
- Then pour 1 cup of marinara sauce, making sure it is evenly distributed over the whole pan. Repeat with the second half of your ingredients. Top with a final layer of noodles, the last cup of marinara sauce, and the half cup of vegan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35-45 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling. Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Allow to cool and set for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!