This hearty flavorful stew, full of protein rich chickpeas, quinoa, and Harissa Tofu Cubes by Hodo Foods, is perfect for chilly autumn nights. A variety of spices like cumin, smoked paprika, and cinnamon make a savory dish with a hint of sweetness. Serve with your favorite steamed or sauteed vegetables, like Swiss chard, for a balanced and nutritious dish.
Moroccan Style Stew
- 1 package Harissa Tofu Cubes by Hodo Foods
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can diced or crushed tomatoes
- 2/3 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup sliced carrotts
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp crushed red peppers optional
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1/2 tso ground turmeric
- Add all ingredients to a large saucepan. Heat on a stove over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Cover with a lid and reduce heat to medium low, cooking for an additional 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with steamed greens, roasted potatoes, or a salad. Allow to cool completely and store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.
I made this this morning with a couple of changes so it better fits my way of eating. Instead of quinoa I used a very small amount of brown rice and omitted the agave nectar. To my breakfast bowl of it I added some freshly squeezed lime juice because I just love that in soups and stews.
It was delicious! This will definitely be a regular in my rotation.