This warm and savory dish is colorful, simple, and textured. Roasting creates rich flavors perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Oven-Roasted Sweet Potato Hash
- 2 large diced sweet potatoes
- 1 large diced bell pepper
- ½ large diced yellow onion
- 1 15-oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 handful cilantro chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except cilantro and gently stir until evenly coated with spices and oil.
- Evenly distribute on a large parchment-paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, flip the contents of the baking dish, and cook for an additional 20 minutes until edges are deeply browned.
- Top with cilantro and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.
I’d swap out the grapeseed oil because of my sensitivity to grapes & raisins. Would you recommend using coconut oil or EVOO instead?
Yes, either of those would work well!
I just made this dish. I think the next time I make it, I will add the kale during the last 20 minutes. The kale was over cooked and too crispy . It is still a great and easy dish to make.