Cooler weather doesn’t mean saying goodbye to salad. This Roasted Vegetable Salad is a celebration of Autumn in a bowl. In this dish we combine roasted root vegetables with dried fruits, nuts, and seeds. Dress with Agave Dijon Vinaigrette to create a robust and refreshing dish.
Roasted Vegetable Salad
- 1 medium beet washed, peeled, and diced
- 1 cup butternut squash or sweet potato peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried apricots diced
- 6 generous handfuls mixed baby greens or spinach
- Cooking oil spray
Agave Dijon Vinaigrette
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp agave nectar or maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with an even layer of cooking oil. Spread diced beets and sweet potato or squash in an even layer. Bake for about 30 minutes until tender and brown on the edges.
- While the vegetables are roasting, add all dressing ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- Place mixed greens into a large bowl and toss with about half of the dressing. Layer the greens with the roasted vegetables, almonds, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries and dried apricots. Serve with remaining dressing on the side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.