Seitan Beef and Mushroom Stroganov
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegan butter try Earth Balance
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound white button or cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup seitan chopped
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Bragg Liquid Aminos optional
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup vegan sour cream or vegan mayo + 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon tarragon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the vegan butter or olive oil in a small stockpot. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5-8 minutes on medium heat until the onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms, seitan, wine, and bouillon. Cook the mushrooms for about 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the flour, mustard, and Bragg Liquid Aminos, if using. Add the water if it looks like it needs a little liquid. Stir in the sour cream, tarragon, salt, and pepper and heat through.
- Serve over pasta, mashed potatoes, roasted potato wedges, or rice!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!