These Silver Dollar Pancake Sliders are layered with delicious strips of vegan bacon, sausage patties, cheddar slices, and a drizzle of maple syrup. They’re a perfect balance of savory and sweet, and are as fun to make as they are to eat!
And for when you get tired of cooking at home…go to IHOPVegan.com to join thousands in urging IHOP to offer a vegan pancake!
Vegan Pancake Sliders
Silver Dollar Pancakes
- 3/4 cup Birch Benders vegan pancake mix you can replace with vegan pancake mix of choice
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg
- 1 cup ice cold water
- 8 strips vegan bacon we used Smart Bacon by Lightlife
- 4 patties vegan sausage we used Hilary's Organic Apple Maple Veggie Breakfast Sausage
- 4 slices vegan cheddar we used Follow Your Heart brand
- vegan butter
- maple syrup
- vegetable oil optional
Sliver Dollar Pancakes
- Add all pancake ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk together until smooth. Heat a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegan butter and spread evenly over the surface, heating until it begins to bubble. Use a 1/4 measuring cup to ladle batter on to the hot griddle. Cook for about 5 minutes until the surface of the pancakes are covered with bubbles and the edges appear dry. Flip the pancakes with a spatula and cook for about another five minutes. Reduce or increase the heat as necessary throughout the cooking process. Remove the pancakes from the heat onto a plate and set aside.
- Add water and vegan egg mixture to a bowl and whisk together until smooth. Heat a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegan butter and spread evenly over the surface, heating until it begins to bubble. Pour vegan egg mixture on the griddle and scramble for about 10 minutes, or until desired firmness is achieved. Remove the vegan scramble from the heat onto a plate and set aside.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil or vegan butter and spread evenly over the surface. Place vegan bacon strips and vegan sausage patties on the griddle and cook for several minutes on each side until browned. The vegan bacon may need to be removed earlier than the vegan sausage to ensure that the strips do not become too tough and the patties have enough time to heat through fully.
- To make the sliders, place a silver dollar pancake on a plate. Layer with two folded strips of vegan bacon, a drizzle of maple syrup, add a portion of vegan scramble, a vegan sausage patty, a slice of vegan cheddar, and top with another silver dollar pancake. This recipe makes four sliders.
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.