Spicy Italian Pan Pizza
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 vegan Italian sausage
- vegan shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup banana peppers
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- Thinly slice sausage and brown according package instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a pie pan with parchment paper. Open crescent roll dough into and lay an even layer in the pan. Use fingertips to pinch the perforated seams of the dough. Form dough into an even circular shape in the pan. The edges of the dough should come up about 1/2 an inch around the sides of the pan.
- Use a fork to poke the base of the dough. This prevents bubbles from forming during the first bake. Bake the crust for 10-12 minutes until the surface of the crust appears dry and the edges are just beginning to brown.
- In a bowl mix tomato paste, water, garlic, and oregano until well combined.
- Layer crust with sauce cheese and toppings.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is bubbling and golden brown. Slice and serve.
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.