Upgrade your everyday breakfast with this very berry recipe for Strawberry Parfait Pancakes. Classic pancakes are infuse with fruity flavor thanks to freeze-dried strawberries. Then they’re loaded with vegan yogurt, strawberry puree, crunchy granola to create parfait pancake heaven!
And for when you get tired of cooking at home…go to IHOPVegan.com to join thousands in urging IHOP to offer a vegan pancake!
Strawberry Parfait Pancakes
- 1 ½ cups vegan pancake mix we used Birch Benders pancake and waffle mix
- 1 ⅓ cups water or plant milk of choice
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberry pieces
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 6 oz container plain or vanilla yogurt we used Follow Your Heart brand
- 1 cup vegan granola cereal we used Michelle’s Granola
- ½ cup fresh or freeze-dried strawberry slices
- Add pancake mix and water to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until a smooth thick batter forms. Add strawberry pieces and fold into batter until evenly distributed.
- Heat a skillet or griddle to medium high and coat with an even layer of cooking oil spray or vegan butter. Ladle approximately ⅓ cup portions of batter onto the cooking surface. Allow to cook for 3-4 minutes until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes and they begin to appear dry around the edges. Flip pancakes, cooking for an additional 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To make the strawberry puree, add berries, water, and agave nectar in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl and set aside. Top pancakes with dollops of vegan yogurt, drizzle with strawberry puree, and sprinkle with granola and strawberry pieces.
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.