Delicious lightly spiced vegan sweet potato pie is the perfect end to any holiday meal.
Sweet Potato Pie
- 2 large sweet potatoes boiled and peeled
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract optional
- 1/4 cup Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg
- 1 vegan graham cracker crust
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients (except crust) to a blender and blend until smooth. You can also add them to a large mixing bowl and mix with a whisk or hand mixer until smooth.
- Pour batter into the pie shell and use a spatula and spread into an even layer. Bake for 60 minutes. Allow to cool for 1-2 hours before slicing. Serve with vegan whipped cream or ice cream.
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.