Tofu French Toast
- 8 ounces silken tofu
- ½ cup dairy-free milk
- 1 teaspoon agave or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana
- vegan butter such as Earth Balance, or mild-flavored oil for cooking
- 6-8 slices of bread
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- In a bowl, blend the tofu, dairy-free milk, syrup, cinnamon, and banana on high until smooth. If too thick add a few tablespoons extra dairy-free milk or water. Pour the coating mixture into a shallow dish and dip the bread into the mixture, thoroughly coating both sides.
- Melt a teaspoon of oil or vegan butter on the hot skillet, then add your soaked bread.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and flip to cook the other side once the edges begin to turn golden brown. Repeat with remaining bread.
- Serve with fresh fruit, powdered sugar, or maple syrup.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!