Vegan Chickpea Soup with Chorizo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package vegan chorizo try Tofurky
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup sofrito homemade or store bought
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 large potato cubed
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 in chili in adobo
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups chickpeas
- 1 bunch of spinach roughly chopped
- Heat oil in a medium stockpot over medium heat. Cook chorizo, onion, and garlic, until onion begins to soften.
- Add the sofrito, carrot, potato, celery, and chili; cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, liquid smoke, and broth and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to a simmer, and cook uncovered for about 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the chickpeas and cook for about 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and fold in the spinach.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I’m guessing this calls for canned or pre-cooked chickpeas, not dried.
Nothing about canned chickpeas was mentioned, “Chad”. You can also sub other beans, if you want. I’m going to do parsnips instead of carrots, and the equivalent of 4 cups of soybeans. Good luck!