Vegan Chickpea Soup with Chorizo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package vegan chorizo try Tofurky
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup sofrito homemade or store bought
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 large potato cubed
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 in chili in adobo
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups chickpeas
- 1 bunch of spinach roughly chopped
- Heat oil in a medium stockpot over medium heat. Cook chorizo, onion, and garlic, until onion begins to soften.
- Add the sofrito, carrot, potato, celery, and chili; cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, liquid smoke, and broth and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to a simmer, and cook uncovered for about 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the chickpeas and cook for about 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and fold in the spinach.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!