Vegan Chili Mac
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni or other pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- ¾ cup textured vegetable protein or vegan beef crumbles TVP, try Beyond Meat or Tofurky
- 1 cup hot water or vegetable broth
- 1 small bell pepper diced
- 1 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can kidney pinto, or black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup vegan cheese
- Hot sauce optional
- 6 sprigs fresh parsley optional
- Cook the pasta until al dente (cooked through, but still slightly firm). Drain and rinse under hot water. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the cheese, hot sauce, and parsley. Stir to mix and then simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cheese and stir until cheese is melted completely. Stir in pasta and adjust spices to taste. Add some hot sauce for a spicy kick. Serve with a little extra vegan cheese and fresh parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!