Vegan Chocolate Strawberry Truffles
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons cashew meal
- ¼ cup dehydrated raw strawberries crushed into a meal
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts raw hulled hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon agave or other liquid sweetener
- Sprinkle of coconut shavings if desired
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil melted
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat. Make sure to turn off the heat as soon as it’s a liquid, because coconut oil can overheat and get smoky quickly, which doesn’t taste good!
- Melt the chocolate chips slowly in a separate pan. You can do this in the microwave, on a nonstick pan, or over a hot water bath. Once the chocolate is completely melted, turn off the heat and stir in 2 teaspoons of melted coconut oil.
- Add all of the dry truffle ingredients to a mixing bowl. Blend the ingredients thoroughly with a whisk. Add in the wet ingredients and mix with a spoon. The consistency should be a little bit sticky, but it should roll into a ball and hold it’s shape pretty easily. The structure will become firmer when it’s cooled.
- Roll the truffle dough into small ½ inch balls and place them on parchment paper about 1 inch apart. Cover each truffle with chocolate sauce and place them in the refrigerator to cool.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!