Vegan Egg Salad Sandwiches
- 1 12-ounce package extra firm tofu
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 1 small pickle diced
- 2 green onions diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Indian Black Salt for sprinkling kala namak
- Bread tomato, lettuce, or other desired sandwich fixings
- Wrap the tofu in a paper towel, then a clean dish towel. Press by leaving between two heavy pots for about 10 minutes. Replace the soaked dish towel with another dry towel and press for another 5 minutes. Chop up the tofu into nonuniform chunks or cubes.
- Toss tofu in a bowl with the vegan mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice or vinegar, garlic powder, and cumin. Stir in the celery, pickle, and onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Use less salt if garnishing with black salt, which also adds a great egg-y flavor.
- Toast bread before assembling your sandwiches and serve with your favorite fixings.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!