Vegan Grilled Reuben Sandwich
- 4 slices dark rye bread
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter try Earth Balance
- 4 slices Daiya Swiss cheese or vegan cheese of your preference
- 1 package of Tofurky Cracked Pepper Deli Slices
- ½-1 cup fresh sauerkraut drained and squeezed gently
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise (try Just Mayo Earth Balance, or Vegenaise)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a heavy skillet to medium-high heat. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Dry toast the unbuttered side and flip, placing half the cheese on two slices of the bread.
- On top of the cheese, layer the Tofurky Deli slices while still cooking. On the plain slices of bread, arrange with your desired amount of sauerkraut and spoon on some of the dressing.
- Carefully fold the two halves together and press down with a spatula. Cook a few minutes more to heat through, flipping once. Serve with remaining Russian dressing.
- Russian Dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until smooth.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!