- 6 tablespoons long grain brown rice
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Zest of 1 lime
- 6 ½ cups water
- ½ cup sugar
- Pulverize the rice in a blender or spice grinder.
- Transfer to a medium-sized bowl and add the almonds, cinnamon, and lime zest.
- Stir in 2 ½ cups of hot water; cover and let stand at least 6 hours.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and process for 3-4 minutes, until it is completely smooth.
- Add 2 cups of water; blend for another minute. Strain with a damp cheesecloth or a fine sieve.
- Add 2 more cups of water and sweeten with sugar to taste. If it is too thick, add more water.
- Cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve. Stir before serving. Will keep for 5 days in fridge.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!