Creamy, crunchy, saucy, and fresh, this Nacho Mac and Cheese packs the flavors and textures of a game day snack into a fulfilling meal that comes together in minutes.
Recipe by Jessica Carter | @love.vegan.soul
Sponsored by WayFare
Vegan Nacho Mac and Cheese
- 1 16 oz container WayFare Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese
- 1 16 oz box macaroni noodles
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 jar salsa or Pico de Gallo
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 2/3 cup plain unsweetened plant milk of choice
- 1 package vegan beef-less crumbles optional
- Cook macaroni noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare beef-less crumbles according to package instructions and set aside.
- In a large saucepan add WayFare cheese, almond milk, and garlic salt and heat over medium high heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly until well combined. Remove about ½ cup of cheese sauce and set aside for topping.
- Add noodles to sauce pan and gently stir until evenly coated with the sauce. Cover with a lid in heat for about 5 minutes until warmed through.
- Add macaroni to a serving dish. Lightly crush tortilla chips and sprinkle them over the macaroni and cheese. Top with beef-less crumbles, and drizzle with remaining WayFare cheese sauce. Finish by topping with salsa or Pico de Gallo and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.