Vegan Potato Salad
- 2 pounds red potatoes cut into large cubes
- ⅓ cup vegan mayonnaise (try Just Mayo Earth Balance, or Vegenaise)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon or brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup celery diced (optional)
- ¼ cup Red onion chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup parsley or chives finely chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil, then carefully add the chopped potatoes. Cook for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft enough to be pierced with a fork, but not at all mushy. Drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside to cool completely.
- Separately, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and mix well to combine.
- When the potatoes are fully cooled, place them in a large bowl with the celery, onion, and parsley or chives. Mix gently to combine. Add the mayonnaise mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Adjust seasoning before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!