Vegan Rice Pudding
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups dairy-free milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Zest from 1 lemon
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon to taste
- Boil 2 cups water in a medium sauce pan. Stir in rice and salt; bring to boil again.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook covered, until water is absorbed and rice is soft, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in dairy-free milk, cinnamon sticks, and lemon zest and increase heat. Cook for another 25 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Add coconut cream, sugar, and vanilla and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve warm or chilled, sprinkled with cinnamon.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!