Vegan Sausage & Mushroom Frittata
- 8 oz firm tofu
- 1/4 cup Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp black salt or 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup, plus 1/4 cup vegan shredded cheese
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms any variety
- 2 vegan Italian sausages, diced
- 3 large handfuls fresh kale
- 1 medium bell pepper diced
- 2 medium russet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a blender, blend tofu, vegan egg replacer, soy milk, nutritional yeast, and all spices, until smooth. Mixture should be the consistency of very thick pancake batter.
- Add oil to skill over medium-high heat. Once oil begins to ripple, sautee onions until fragrant. Add vegan sausage, mushrooms, pepper and kale, and cover. Reduce heat to medium-low, cook until kale is just wilted.
- Pour blended frittata filling into large mixing bowl. Gently fold in 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and sauteed vegetables until well combined.
- Spray a skillet or baking dish with cooking oil until evenly coated. Line bottom of pan with potato slices, leaving no gaps in beetween.
- Pour filling onto sliced potatoes, using a spoon or spatula to spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for approx. 45 mins. until outer layer is golden brown around the edges and filling is firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool for around 15-20 mins. Enjoy!
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.