Vegan Spinach, Tomato, and Mushroom Quiche
- 8 oz firm tofu or ½ block
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg
- 1½ cup soy milk or any unsweetened plain plant milk
- 2 tbs nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp black salt replace with soy sauce or liquid aminos if unavailable
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½+ ¼ cup vegan shredded cheese
- ½ small diced onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms any variety will work
- ½+ ¼ cup diced and seeded tomatoes
- 3 large handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil
- 1 pre-made frozen pie crust check ingredients to make sure it is vegan
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a blender, combine tofu, vegan egg replacer, soy milk, nutritional yeast, and all spices and blend until smooth. Mixture should be the consistency of very thick pancake batter.
- Add oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to ripple, add onions and sautée until fragrant. Add mushrooms, ½ cup tomatoes, and spinach and cover with a lid. Reduce heat to medium-low and heat until spinach is just wilted.
- Pour blended quiche filling into a large mixing bowl and gently fold in ½ cup of shredded cheese and sautéed vegetables until well combined.
- Pour filling into pie crust. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and tomatoes. Bake for approximately 40 minutes until crust is golden brown and filling is firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool for around 15-20 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.