Beefless crumbles, mixed veggies, leftover rice, herbs and spices, and plenty of vegan cheese come together to make a surprisingly simple and delicious dish. The comfort food lovers in your life are sure to clamor for it.
Cheesy Beefless Rice & Veggie Casserole
- 1 package beefless crumbles
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 container leftover carryout rice or 1 1/2 cups freshly cooked rice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 package vegan shredded cheese divided in two
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat a large sautee pan over medium-high heat. Add vegetable broth and soy sauce and bring to a simmer. Add onions, garlic, and spices and saute until fragrant and translucent. Add beefless crumbles and saute until well combined for about five minutes. Add rice, frozen vegetables, and half of the cheese and heat for another five minutes until vegetables are warmed through.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Add casserole mixture and spread in an even layer. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 25 minutes until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.