These baked donuts are a decadent treat thanks to rich chocolate and sweet dark cherries.
This recipe is gluten-free but can easily be adjusted with Bisquick or other vegan approved pancake mixes for a wheat based version.
Cherry Chocolate Chip Donuts
- 2 cups gluten-free pancake mix
- 2 Tbsp milled chia seeds
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup dried cherries finely chopped
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup cherry puree fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 2/3 cup sparkling water
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix until well combined. Set in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Spray donut pan with an even layer of oil. Use a 1/3 measuring cup to portion batter into cavities. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15-20 minutes. Top with melted chocolate and dried cherries. Allow to cool for chocolate to set and serve.
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.