Chickpea “of the Sea” Salad Recipe
- 1 14-oz can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- 2 Tbsp hummus
- 1 Tbsp dijon or whole grain mustard
- 2 celery ribs diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 3 medium carrots shredded
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 Tbsp sweet relish
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp dulse flakes
- 2 sliced Persian cucumbers
- Place the chickpeas in mixing bowl and mash thoroughly with a fork
- Add shredded carrots and mix until evenly distributed with chickpeas.
- Add lemon juice, salt, paprika, and dulse flakes and stir throughout mixture.
- Mix in vegan mayo, hummus, mustard, celery, onion, and relish to complete the salad.
- Serve with sliced cucumbers, over toast with romaine lettuce, in a wrap, or with crackers.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.
Wish there was a way to save the recipes to my computer
If you click the printer icon next to the star ratings at the top of the recipe, and printable version of the recipe will pop-up that you can right click to save to your computer. Hope this helps!
Can you tell me what dulce flakes are?