Chickpea “of the Sea” Salad Recipe
- 1 14-oz can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- 2 Tbsp hummus
- 1 Tbsp dijon or whole grain mustard
- 2 celery ribs diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 3 medium carrots shredded
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 Tbsp sweet relish
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp dulse flakes
- 2 sliced Persian cucumbers
- Place the chickpeas in mixing bowl and mash thoroughly with a fork
- Add shredded carrots and mix until evenly distributed with chickpeas.
- Add lemon juice, salt, paprika, and dulse flakes and stir throughout mixture.
- Mix in vegan mayo, hummus, mustard, celery, onion, and relish to complete the salad.
- Serve with sliced cucumbers, over toast with romaine lettuce, in a wrap, or with crackers.
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.