Lentils, quinoa, zucchini, and snap peas get a kick of flavor and spice from green curry in this easy low-fat stir fry that is both satisfying and nutritious.
Green Curry Lentil & Quinoa Stir Fry
- 1 cup dried green lentils
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp green curry paste
- 1 large zucchini diced
- 2 cups snap peas sliced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce or Bragg Liquid Aminos
- sea salt to taste
- Prepare quinoa and lentils according to package instructions and set aside.
- Heat a large pot over medium high heat. Add all liquids and seasonings and mix until well combined. Bring to a simmer.
- Add zucchini and snap peas and cook for about 3 minutes until vegetables are heated through. Gently stir in lentils and quinoa and cover with a lid, keeping it slightly ajar to allow steam to release. Reduce heat to medium low and allow to cook for another 10 minutes until liquid is mostly evaporated.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool and store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.