Smoky and spicy with a hint of sweetness and tang, Caribbean BBQ sauce and jerk seasoning transform humble chickpeas into the star of any dish.
Recipe by Travis Flowers | @chef.flowaz
Sponsored by Eaton’s
Jerk BBQ Chickpeas
- 2 15 oz cans chickpeas
- 1/4 onion
- 3 stalks green onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 sweet bell pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp Eaton's Mild Jerk Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Eaton's Jerk BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp preferred cooking oil
- Drain & rinse one can of chickpeas.
- Finely chop onion, green onion and garlic and dice sweet sweet bell pepper.
- Saute onions and garlic on high heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add rinsed beans then stir. Add jerk seasoning and all powdered seasoning followed by other can of un-rinsed chickpeas then stir. Add Jerk BBQ sauce and water then stir. Allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Serve with rice, mashed potatoes or top your favorite salad
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.