Moo-Free Cheese Sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter or mild-flavored oil
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- teaspoon ½onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil optional
- 1 teaspoon turmeric optional
- 1 cups ½dairy-free milk
- Melt the butter or oil in a saucepan over low-medium heat. Add the remaining ingredients, the dairy-free milk last. Continue to cook, whisking until hot and smooth. Perfect for macoroni and cheese, over grilled veggies, or as a dipping sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!