Pear Cranberry Crumble
Pear Cranberry Filling
- 6 pears stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup brown sugar coconut sugar also works well
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 Tbsb tapioca starch corn starch or flour also work well
Oat Walnut Topping
- 1 cup rolled or instant oats
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp melted vegan butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together all pear cranberry filling toppings until well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together all oat and walnut topping ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Add pear cranberry filling to a baking dish and spread into an even layer with a spatula. Pour the oat and walnut topping in an even layer over the filling and press down with a spatula.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the surface is golden brown and crisp. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. Serve with vegan ice cream or whipped cream.
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.