Pesto Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 16 oz bag of bow tie pasta or pasta of your choice
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart pesto sauce
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Shredded parmesan
- 1 medium red orange, or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 large cucumber diced
- 1 large zucchini spiralized or diced
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes quartered
- Juice of one lemon
- ¼ cup Italian dressing
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Baby greens or lettuce for serving
- Cook the pasta: Cook pasta according to instructions on the package. Make sure the water is salted (one and a half teaspoons per quart). Remove pasta from heat and strain when pasta is cooked, but still firm (al dente).
- In a medium bowl mix Follow Your Heart pesto sauce, lemon juice, Italian dressing, and all the spices until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cooked pasta, sauce, cucumbers, zucchini, bell peppers, and onions until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Gently fold cannellini beans and Follow Your Heart shredded parmesan into the pasta and vegetable mixture.
- Serve at room temperature with a simple salad of baby greens and cherry tomatoes.
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.