This quick, crunchy snack will satisfy your sweet tooth and your salty craving at the same time. Roasted peanuts and crisp pretzels provide a perfect flavor and texture balance for the chewy raisins, creamy peanut butter, and gooey marshmallows in this dish.
Sweet & Sticky Granola Trail Mix
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or any nut or seed butter)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (or any vegan sweetener)
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup vegan mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pretzel stickers broken
- 2 tbsp melted vegan butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add peanut butter, agave nectar, and melted butter to a large mixing bowl, and stir until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients to peanut butter mixture and fold until well coated.
- Spread the mixture in an even layer on a pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 15 minutes until the surface is golden brown and the dish is fragrant.
- Allow to cool for about 15 minutes before serving. The mix is best when slightly warm. Once completely cooled, store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Jessica Carter is the Vegan Food and Lifestyle Coach at Compassion Over Killing (COK), a national non-profit animal protection organization based in Washington, DC. Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for all, she organizes and hosts cooking demos, develops online trainings and multimedia content for TryVeg.com, and coordinates collaborations with vegan influencers. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.