Vegan Mashed Potatoes
- 6 large potatoes cubed (leave unpeeled if organic)
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter try Earth Balance
- 1 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ cup dairy-free milk
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives optional
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, reserving some of the water.
- Place in a bowl with the vegan butter and spices. Add some of the dairy-free milk as you mash and mix the cooked potatoes to achieve desired creaminess. If more liquid is needed, add some of the reserved cooking water.
- Adjust spices to taste, sprinkle with chives if using, and serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!