These Tofu Scramble Tacos are the perfect savory breakfast for mornings when you’re on the go. Prepare your tofu scramble in advance and easily assemble with fresh toppings for a satisfying meal any time of the day.
Tofu Scramble Tacos
- ½ block firm tofu
- ½ cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup home fries frozen varieties prepared according to package instructions are a great time saver
- 6 soft tortillas flour or corn
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Crumble tofu into the pan. Add soy sauce, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, scallions, and ground turmeric. Dry sautee for 5 to 10 minutes until seasoning is incorporated evenly and tofu is aromatic and has taken on a golden yellow color. Scoop into a bowl and set aside.
- Layer tofu scramble, lettuce, beans and home fries into tortillas. Finish with the toppings of your choice including salsa, diced tomatoes, diced peppers, and cilantro.
Committed to making plant-based eating more accessible for everyone, Jessica Carter develops simple and delicious vegan recipes and coordinates collaborations with vegan brands to help people make more sustainable and compassionate buying choices. Her recipes have been featured on FOX45 Baltimore, Let’s Talk Live, and Good Morning Washington. She completed the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program in March 2019.